7/27/09

1:1: Are we ready?

Lovin' Tech & Learning today. I have neglected it for a while in my reader. Not sure why because there are some great finds. This is a checklist to see if your school is ready for 1:1. My school is on the edge and ready to leap into 1:1. But, as the article states we need funding and PD. It mentions PLCs (professional learning communities) as a great, inexpensive way to foster the professional development. This checklist could be a great discussion starter for our tech planning committee.
http://www.techlearning.com/article/21978
1. funding... I think we can get it relatively easily.
2. PD- yep, it's about changing a mindset. Not sure how to change the mindset though.
3. motivated team to propose plan to whole staff - check
4. high expectations- practice what you preach. I think we can do this; no problem.
5. create procedures and protocols- I think we can tackle this one. We are good about including admin, teachers, parents, and students in discussions.
6. Inform the community- we appear to do this well.
7. Reflect... learn from your past (and others). I think we are headed down the right path with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment