5/5/10

To pay or not to pay, is that even a question?


I recently was asked to evaluate MediaChalk, a one of a kind creative learning solution that assists in actively capturing the attention of students around the nation. So vague. So, I watched their demo video. Looks like Xtranormal. So, what would make one better for a teacher to use in the classroom than the other. $$$$$$$ MediaChalk offered a site license for $300. I am not seeing such amazing things that would get my to pay for MediaChalk, when I can use Xtranormal for free. I am really enjoying the openness of so many programs for education.

3 comments:

  1. $300?! That is so far beyond anything that I have seen. Certainly competition will put them out of the market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at both Media Chalk and Xtranormal and can see a number of differences. Media Chalk is for elementary students and is selling a site license to an entire school for only $300. Xtranormal isn't for kids at all. Their site even says no one under the age of 13 can create a movie. Seems like Media Chalk is a pretty good deal for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is an example of using Xtranormal. Bob and Sue are two adult learners returning to Higher Education. The videos are set in the UK Open Uni Network site Cloudworks
    http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/4103

    ReplyDelete